Friday, September 20, 2013

Red Ombre

Hey ladies! Hope you all had a great week. I am actually in PA right now visiting Ben's family for his birthday weekend.

Today I have a manicure that I have been wanting to try out for the longest time. The ombre look has really gained popularity, especially in hair and fashion. As a nail lover, I noticed something weird happening.  When it came to nails, the ombre look was each nail painted a different consecutive color, and a gradient was the transition from one color to another on the same nail.  However, in fashion, the word "ombre" was used to describe what us nail junkies call a gradient.

No matter what you call it, I always thought the ombre nail look was really cool. Like I said, I have been wanting to try it for a while, but I didn't have enough of one color polish to make it look right, until now. I was going through my collection and saw I had 5 red polishes all going consecutively from light to dark! It was funny that I had so many red polishes, because I few years ago red was the one color that I hated to wear on my nails! I thought it made me look like I was 80 years old, or an 8 year old trying to look like a grown up. But I guess red polish has finally grown on me!

010





012

014

015

016

The Line Up:

018

Sally Hansen Insta-Dri in Cinna-Snap
Ciate in Dangerous Affair
Sinful Colors in Ruby Ruby
Julep in Jackie
Ciate in Mistress

I think this is such a cool look I am really happy that I have all the these gorgeous reds!

What do you think of the ombre look?

Claws up!

017

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...