Saturday, November 23, 2013

Mix & Match: Catching Fire

I'M FINALLY GOING TO SEE CATCHING FIRE TOMORROWWWWW!!

*deep breath*

I actually didn't care much for the first Hunger Games book or movie.  But I had made a decision to read all of them and see all the movies, so I read Catching Fire...and I LOVED it!  I found the story to be much more interesting and less cliche than the first one. Also the arena was so awesome. I am really excited to see how the movie tells the story.

That means CF nails.  Now I am not a Hunger Games nail virgin, and I felt the need to keep up with the tradition.

Hunger Games Catching Fire Nails



Hunger Games Catching Fire Nails

Hunger Games Catching Fire Nails

Hunger Games Catching Fire Nails

Hunger Games Catching Fire Nails

The line Up:

Hunger Games Catching Fire Nails

Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in White On
Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Sun Kissed
Sinful Colors in Ruby Ruby
Spoiled in Visually Slimming
Julep in Lexie
Color Club in Sparkle and Soar
Essie in As Gold as it Gets

I'll break it down...
My thumb says HG for Hunger games, and my pinky is a 2 for the sequel. I painted some fiery colors in my index finger for the girl who is on fire.  The clock on my middle finger represents the arena.  Finally, I added a feather on my ring finger for Katniss' dress. Its starts as a white wedding dress, which is why I used a white background and painted it on my ring finger. But after she spins around, it becomes a black feather dress to represent the mocking jay.

I really liked how the lettering and the clock came out, which I was the most worried about.  I wasn't too happy with my feather nail, however.  This was my first time trying out a real feather manicure, and I guess I still need some practice.  At least this was better than my first Hunger Games manicure, and hopefully my third one will be even better!

Are you going to rock Catching Fire nails this weekend?

Claws Up!

Hunger Games Catching Fire Nails

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...