Saturday, November 2, 2013

My 24th Birthday Nails - Dia De Los Muertos

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MEEEEEEE! I know I have said it a million times, but today is my 24th birthday! I am just super excited about it. I actually hate getting older, but its nice to go out and have some fun.  I have to work today, but that's OK because I can't wait to see what the rest of the day holds.

Just like last year, I went for Dia De Los Muertos nails for my birthday. First off, you all know I love Halloween, so its awesome that there's another similar holiday during the two days after. Its like I get to keep celebrating a little more. And, of course, because my birthday is on the day of the dead. I might not have a birthday on Halloween (which would be the best ever) but its just about the next best thing.

004



006

On my thumb and middle finger, I painted on some sugar skulls. I added some flakies on top for a bit of shimmer, unfortuntalty, it was pretty hard to catputre it in pictures.  For my index and ring finer, I used the sugar skull water decals from OPI's So So Skullicious set. Finally I added a  dried flower, in orange for Halloween, to my pinky to represent the flowers left on the graves.

002

001

The Line Up:

008

OPI in Hi, Pumpkin
OPI in A-Rose From The Dead
OPI in Mourning Glory
OPI in Candelight
Sally Hansed Xtreme Wear in White On
Deborah Lippmann in Edge Of Glory Top Color

In true Dia De Los Muertos spirit, I had to use OPI's So So Skullicious set in creating this manicure. I was really happy with how these came out. I always thought sugar skull nails would be too difficult to do, but I found a way to make them work. I love rocking these on the day of the dead/my birthday!

Claws Up!

007

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...