Monday, February 24, 2014

Mix & Match: Sleeping Beauty

You may have seen on Instagram that I have been planing a new Mix & Match series for the blog. And judging by the title of this post, you might have guessed it is Disney Princess themed!

I have been a Disney kid my almost my whole life, ever since I went to Disney World when I was 2 years old. My dad and I went to Disney World every other year until I was 18, then we went back a few times after, and to Disney Land too.  I love the fun and the magic of Disney world, and of course I love the movies. My favorites were the princess movies.  I used to watch them all non-stop as a kid, and even now I have been known to still watch my fill, and happily sing along.  With every princess having their own look, to their dresses, to where they live, and what their story is, I knew I wanted to represent my favorite girls on my nails and eyes.

Nancy over at The Dark Side of Beauty is actually hosting a Disney Princess series challenge, which gave me the perfect opportunity to unveil my new Mix & Match series. The first princess in the challenge was Aurora, better known as Sleeping Beauty.  I had planned to do Sleeping Beauty looks for my series anyway, however I didn't actually watch the movie for the first time until I was in my 20's! She is one of the original and iconic princesses, and I new I needed to represent her.

017



018

019

021

024

026

The Line Up:

028

For this mani I was inspired by the different shades of pink, the angles for her dress, and her gold crown. I was really happy with this look. It was a really simple look, but I love how it all came together!

What do you think of my Sleeping Beauty nails?

Get ready for my makeup look!

Claws Up!

027



No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...