Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Review: Neutrogena Nourishing Long Wear Makeup

*I'm a Bzz Agent and receive free products in order to review. All opinions are my own, and I did not receive compensation for my review.*


Maybe its just me, but I feel like I am the only woman that doesn't use foundation. Ever since I was a teenager I have heard all about it, but never saw the appeal. Once, my mom took me to get my makeup done at a department store, and the woman applied foundation to my face, which was the first time that I had ever had foundation on my skin. I hated how it looked. It completely accentuated my pores, and it made my skin look fake. As soon as I got home I washed it all off.

What do I use for my makeup base? I use some concealer for my problem areas (blemishes, and under my eyes) then a light powder all over. I have been starting my makeup routine that way since I was 15 years old. I was skeptical about using foundation, since I had a bad experience with it the first time. But when I was given the opportunity to try Neutrogena Nourishing Long Wear Makeup, I decided to give it a go anyway, maybe I could finally see what everyone was talking about.

027


028

Before Bzz Agent sent me my bottle of Neutrogena Nourishing Long Wear Makeup, I had to chose the color I wanted. It was hard to tell on the computer screen, but I picked the shade Classic Ivory, which luckily was the perfect shade. 

I had a few struggles along the way...

The first time out of the bottle, I just evenly applied it all over my face, just as I did with my powder. When I did that, my skin looked very dry, and you could easily tell that I was wearing foundation.

032


Its a little hard to tell in the photo, but you can see the foundation on my cheek.

My next go at it I applied moisturizer all over before the foundation. That worked much better. The foundation went on nice and smooth, and it had excellent coverage. The foundation felt light on my skin, and I thought it had a natural look.  This foundation also had some great wear. I applied it every morning before work, after even after a long day, the foundation stayed put on my face and still looked light and natural.

Without foundation:

030

With Neutrogena Nourishing Long Wear Makeup:

037

You can see that this foundation provided excellent coverage and gave my fave a nice, even tone...except on my forehead...

039

Oddly enough, even with applying moisturizer to my forehead before I applied the foundation, it still looked weird and dry, just as it did on the rest of my face without the moisturizer. I love the coverage of this foundation, but I really wish I could use it on my forehead. I get a lot of blemishes on my forehead, so it would be nice to enjoy the benefits of the foundation where I need it most. Unfortunately, I can't use it at all on my forehead because of the weird result :(

Neutrogena Nourishing Long Wear Makeup also claims to have a tone correcting complex, that after 4 weeks of use, will make your skin tone more even. Personally, I did not notice any difference after using it everyday for 4 weeks. I possibly need to use it longer, or maybe the effects are so small I couldn't really notice them, but I did not see any tone correction as the product claims to provide.

Overall, I really like this foundation! It definitely has better coverage than my powder does, and its still feels pretty light and looks natural. Even after wearing it all day, it still looked great just like when I first applied it in the morning.  I am unhappy that it the foundation is very noticeable on my forehead, and makes it look dry and unnatural. I also did not see any correction in my skin after using it.

Have you tried Neutrogena Nourishing Long Wear Makeup? Will you give it a go? What are  your thoughts on it?

Claws Up!


No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...