Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Mix & Match Makeup Looks: Pocahontas

And I'm back with part 2 of my Pocahontas look. You saw my nail art look already, and now its time for my matched makeup.

Lately I have been seeing a new makeup trend where the upper eyelid has a neutral brown look, and the lower lid is a bold bright blue. For example, Kim from the show Kim of Queens, and on the show Glee. At first I thought it was a bit strange, but the more I saw it the more I liked it. When I was planning my makeup look for Pocahontas, I knew I wanted to do a soft brown look to reflect her dress, but I also wanted to highlight her blue necklace. What better time to try out this new brown and blue look than with my Pocahontas post?!

SAM_0298


SAM_0302

SAM_0310

SAM_0307

SAM_0313

SAM_0329

SAM_0335

I decided to go for more turquoise tones on my lower lash line to better match the necklace. I even added a pearly touch to the inner corners of my eyes to represent the pendant. I finished with a rusty red lip to match the color of her spiky arm band. I like this new trending makeup look, but I think it's more suited for a person with blue eyes. They say purple makes brown eyes pop, so I think I will try this look out with purple next!

I loved getting to do two beautiful looks to represent my favorite Disney Princess. Pocahontas for life!

What do you think of this style of makeup? Will you be rocking it this season?

Claws Up!

SAM_0337

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...