Saturday, April 26, 2014

Mix & Match Pocahontas

Do you want to hear a secret? I haven't painted my nails since I did the pastel Beauty Buffs post. That is a whole month without polish on my nails! My nails were in really bad shape. They were constantly pealing and breaking, and I didn't want to show them to the world. With work finally slowing down, I had time to care for my babies, and now they have all grown up, went to college, and having babies.

I have been itching to do some intricate nail art. What better time than with a Disney Princess look? And what better Disney Princess than my all time favorite, Pocahontas?!

Pocahontas has been my favorite Disney movie ever since I saw it in theaters when I was 5 years old. I had Pocahontas dolls, clothes, even a bath set! I watched that movie a hundred times, and I still laugh and sing along when I watch it now. I love that, like me, she cares about animals and the environment. I love that she chooses her own path. And of course I can relate to a long distance love story.

"But I know every rock and tree and creature, has a life, has a spirit, has a name."

SAM_0289


SAM_0288

SAM_0291

SAM_0293

SAM_0290

The Line Up:

SAM_0295

I am super duper happy with these! It was so nice to flex my nail art muscles again. I was worried that being out of practice that my nails wouldn't come out how I envisioned, but I was pleasantly surprised. I really feel that I did my favorite Disney movie justice!

What do you think about my Pocahontas nails?

Stay tuned for my makeup look comming up!

Claws Up!

SAM_0292


No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...