Wednesday, April 23, 2014

The Beauty Buffs: Yellow

First of all, I want to apologize for my blogging absence, from both posting and commenting on your blogs. Work got pretty hectic. Working at a doggy boarding facility means that when most people's jobs are slowing down around the holidays, mine is crazy busy.

Second, I am so excited to be in my third week of Beauty Buffs posts! If you missed  my other Beauty Buffs posts, we are a group of beauty, fashion, and nail bloggers that post every other Wednesday around a central theme. This week's them is yellow.

BB


I was really dreading this one at first. Yellow might be my very least favorite color (unless it's neon). However with a lots of thinking and a little planning, I actually became super excited about this post! I couldn't believe I was so happy do share a post all about my least favorite color. This post ended up containing a lot of really exciting stuff.

My yellow post didn't start off full of excitement. I rarely have any yellows in my collection and I was really racking my brain on what I wanted to do. I then remembered that I own one...ONE yellow article of clothing, an Earth Day t-shirt. Then it hit me that our Beauty Buffs post on Wednesday comes one day after Earth Day on April 22nd. Perfect! I have celebrated Earth Day with nails, this year I am celebrating with clothes!

SAM_0256

SAM_0260

SAM_0263

That spawned the release of yet another series on the blog. I have been planning a t-shirt series for a while, but I just couldn't figure out how I wanted to do the posts. But with today's t-shirt post, I launch T-Looks! I have so many T's in my closet but I rarely wear them. I wanted to create a series of look book posts that feature creative and fashionable ways to rock a T!

SAM_0261

SAM_0265

SAM_0266

SAM_0272

SAM_0271

A t-shirt and denim jeans would just be too plain for me, so I paired this Earth shirt with some green jeans. I layered a blue lace cami underneath to bring out the blues in the T. To contrast all the colors, I added a dark, rocker vest. I finished off with some comfy moccasins.  Not leather ones, of course!

Even though I knew I wanted to showcase my Earth Day T, I do still have some yellows in my collection that I wanted to post for yellow day. You guys really loved my royal blue collection collage, so I knew I needed to include a yellow one too!

Fotor0420143510

As you can see, I don't have as many yellow looks as I do royal blue (I told you yellow is my least favorite color) so I had to cheat by including some looks with just one yellow nail (which is oddly always my index finger.  I swear that is just a strange coincidence).

I can't believe how much awesomness I managed to fit in this post. Its funny how I was really dreading a post about my least favorite color, and I ended up with a post filled with love! This is why I love being a part if the Beauty Buffs!

What do you think of my Earth Day T look? Are you excited to see what other T looks are in store? Which of my past yellow looks is your favorite?

Claws Up!

P.S. Don't forget to check out the yellow posts from all of these lovely ladies!



No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...