Monday, June 2, 2014

5th Anniversary Weekend Camping Trip

Well, I'm sorry about that! When I was planning everything last week, I didn't intend for a big blogging break. Even though I only worked 3 days last week, I ended up being super busy. May 27th was my 5 year anniversary with my boyfriend. We wanted to go away for Memorial day weekend to celebrate, but my last job didn't let me have the days off, so we celebrated last weekend. We decided to do a camping trip in Luray, a small town about an hour and a half away. We had lots to do to prep for the weekend, plus I knew I'd be without technology, so I needed to do all my blog prep the weekend before, and I ran out of time to get posts done.

Oh well.

We had a really nice time over the weekend. We stayed in a cabin, which was a step up for Ben who usually camps in a tent, but for a city girl like me, it was hard to adjust to bugs, mice, and no cell service. We explored the little town and picked up some cute antiques and ate at little cafes. We also toured the Luray caverns and did a bit of hiking. For our anniversary dinner we made veggie burgers, corn, and garlic bread on the grill, and made s'mores every night. On our last day we took a privet horse ride before we left to go back home. It was a fun get-away weekend, and definitely something different for me!

SAM_0768


SAM_0778

SAM_0786

SAM_0802

SAM_0834

SAM_0879

SAM_0899

SAM_0905

SAM_0914

Time to get back into the swing of things...until my next weekend trip in 2 weeks to Florida!

What have you been up to lately? Would you go on a camping trip to celebrate a special occasion?

Claws up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...