Wednesday, August 13, 2014

The Beauty Buffs: Black and White

Now that I work an office job, I can actually choose the clothes I wear to work! That might not seem like much to you, but I worked for 3 years at jobs in which I had to wear uniforms. I had a very small work appropriate wardrobe when I got my new job, since it was never something I had to think about. I love bright colors and fun patterns, which isn't always the best to wear in an office.

The weekend before I started my job, I went on a MASSIVE shopping spree, trying to build my work wardrobe. I bought sweaters, button down tops, and a dress from Macy's that I just loved! When I showed up on my first day wearing black dress pants and a blazer, one of my new coworkers told me that I was way too dressed up for the office. I like to dress up so I didn't turn down my wardrobe too much, but the one dress I bought just seemed way too professional for my mew casual office. There was no way it was not going to make an appearance out into the world, and my black and white dress is just perfect for this week's Beauty Buffs theme!

BB


SAM_1294

SAM_1295

SAM_1296

While I love black and white looks, something inside me just can't seem to leave well enough alone. I always get this urge to pair black and white with red. It's nothing unusual of course, we all know its quite common. But to me, there is just something so classy that makes me feel like I really stand out when I wear black and white with a pop of red.

SAM_1299

SAM_1300

SAM_1304

SAM_1308

SAM_1311

I am in love with this dress, but I know I would feel out of place looking so dressed up at my office. On the other hand, I feel this dress looks too professional to wear on a night out. Sadly, this little number will have to stay in my closet until I can find the perfect place for her to show off.

What do you think of my black and white look? Do you also like to pair the combo with red?

Claws Up!

Don't forget to check out the rest of the black and white looks from the other Beauty Buffs:




No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...