Saturday, November 29, 2014

[Fanatic Style Challenge] New York Giants Jersey Outfit

If you know me, than you know I’m not a huge sports fan. But if you know me, you would also know that I am super proud of the place where I was born and raised: New York! Part of expressing my love for this amazing state and city is supporting my New York teams. I’m pretty bummed that baseball season is over for this year (go Yankees!) but that just means it’s time to root for the Giants.

I am all about “just in case” clothes. My closet is filled with odd pieces that I keep around “just in case” I’d ever need them. A tie-dyed Grateful Dead shirt, knee-high leopard boots, a few corsets from my Rocky Horror days, you just never know what you might need! When the Giants were in the Superbowl a few years ago, we had a party at my job and I came to realize that I didn't own one single Giants thing. It has been a mission of mine to find the perfect "just in case" Giants wear.

I started thinking about how much I need an NFL jersey in my wardrobe, and how I would wear it. I chose the women's Eli Manning jersey because I have recently decided that Eli Manning is my favorite Giants player (only because during the Hallmark Channels Kitten Bowl, there was a cat named Feline Manning).

NFL New York Giants Eli Manning Jersey

Playing off the the Giant's colors, I added lots of red and blue accents to this look. Since a football jersey isn't the most feminine article of clothing, I wanted to girly it up by adding a pair of flower earrings, nail polish, and a bold, red lippie. But remember this is still a sporting event, so I included a pair of white sneakers and red leggings to stay comfy. I topped it all off with an American flag headband, because there is nothing more American than football!

How would you have styled this New York Giants jersey? Which team would you have chosen?

Claws Up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...