Wednesday, November 19, 2014

The Beauty Buffs: Metallic

I graduated college in 2011, and shortly after started my first job. For the next three years, I worked at jobs that required me to wear a uniform. For someone that loves to express themselves, especially through clothes, this was pretty rough. Coincidence that this blog is also 3 years old? Nail art was the perfect outlet to express myself while I wore uniforms 5 days a week.

Now that I work an office job, I love getting to dress up every day! Some of my coworkers comment that I am too dressed up for our casual office, but I welcome the opportunity to dress up!

I was actually really nervous when I got this dress, and I didn't wear it for months becsause the style was a little out of my comfort zone. But I took the plunge, and everyone at work loved it! I especially love the metallic statement-making collar, which was perfect for this weeks Beauty Buffs theme.

Pink Hi-Lo Dress with Metallic Embellishments


Pink Hi-Lo Dress with Metallic Embellishments

Pink Hi-Lo Dress with Metallic Embellishments

Pink Hi-Lo Dress with Metallic Embellishments

Pink Hi-Lo Dress with Metallic Embellishments

Pink Hi-Lo Dress with Metallic Embellishments

Pink Hi-Lo Dress with Metallic Embellishments

Pink Hi-Lo Dress with Metallic Embellishments

Pink Hi-Lo Dress with Metallic Embellishments

I love the contrast between the soft pink, and the edgy metallic collar. The skirt is so flowy and hi-lo, which is perfect for wearing to work. In the summer I wear this dress on its own, but to extend the wear, I added a pair of warm knit tights so I can wear this dress in the colder months too. I finished off the look with some t-strap heels that bring out the metallic embellishments on the dress.

Get ready for some more work-wear posts to come!

Do you like statement-making dresses? What's your favorite dress to wear to work?

Claws Up!

As always, check out how the other Beauty Buffs rocked the metallic theme:





No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...