Wednesday, February 25, 2015

I Said Yes! - Valentine's Day 2015

February is almost over, but I wanted to make sure I filled you in on my amazing Valentine's day! I mentioned that I would be celebrating in New York City, but I wanted to share all the details of my night.

It actually ended up snowing Saturday evening and it was really cold, but that didn't stop me from wearing my new dress that my mom got me for a Valentine's day gift. Ben and I got all bundled up and drove into the city.

SAM_2754


After parking the car we hailed a cab and headed to dinner...at Joanne Trattoria! For those that don't know, that is the Italian restaurant that Lady Gaga's family owns. It is one of the things on my "Lady Gaga bucket list" (which included seeing her in concert at Madison Square Garden).

Ben and I got out of the cab and took a stroll through Central Park, which was only a block away from the restaurant. Even though it was really cold and snowy, Ben got down on one knee and popped the question! Of course I said yes!

Joanne Trattoria

Very excited, we continued our short walk to the restaurant and were seated at our table in the large room just past the bar. Ben ordered us a bottle of champagne to celebrate. The food was so good! We even shared something called Nutellasagna for dessert - amazing!

Joanne Trattoria

We finished dinner and left the restaurant around 7:30. I learned the next day that Taylor Kinney had also proposed to Lady Gaga that same night, also in New York City, and they also went to Joanne's to celebrate! On top of that, they had been at the bar just a few feet away from us at while we were there eating dinner and I HAD NO IDEA! My one chance to check off "Meet Lady Gaga" from my bucket list and I totally missed it!

Aladdin on Broadway

After dinner we hailed another cab to head to Broadway to see Aladdin! The show was amazing, I loved the costumes and dancing. Friend Like Me was the best part, I was grinning from ear to ear the whole time.

Aladdin on Broadway

I am so happy and excited, but also a little stressed about planning a wedding. I can't wait to get married and to share my journey. I know this wasn't beauty, nail, or style related, but I wanted to share this huge part of my life with my blog-family.

Also - Look how amazingly gorgeous my ring is!

Diamond and pink sapphire engagement ring and a red rose

Diamond and pink sapphire engagement ring and a red rose
How did you celebrate Valentine's day? What's on your bucket list?

Claws Up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...