Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Julep Maven June 2015: The Deep End

I was very excited when Julep Maven revealed the June 2015 box. This box introduced us to The Deep End collection filled with perfect poolside colors, and summer makeup. Not only did Julep release jellies in this box (and you know how I have been wanting to add more jellies to my collection), but they released a second polish with my name! I have decided to collect nail polishes that have my name, so keep an eye out for a special Jacqueline post coming up!

Julep Maven Box June 2015

I opted for the Classic with a Twist box which came with the nail polishes Lori and Jacqueline, Luxe Up Your Lips conditioning lip treatment (I chose the color Candy Apple) and two lollipops.

Julep Candy Apple lip gloss swatch

Julep Candy Apple lip gloss swatch

Julep Luxe Up Your Lips - Candy Apple
As you can see, even though this lip gloss comes out of the tube in a bright strawberry jelly color, it is actually very sheer on the lips. It feels very wet on my lips, and not sticky at all like other lip glosses. It definitely feels hydrating, but also that it would come off easily. I will probably wear this to give my matte lipstick a glossy finish.

Julep jelly Lori swatch

Julep jelly Lori swatch

Julep - Lori (Jelly)
Lori is a beautiful raspberry colored jelly polish. This is three coats with no top coat and it went on nice and smooth. I love the pinky-purple color and the jelly finish. This reminded me a lot of Zoya Paloma, another magenta jelly. If you want to see a comparison let me know in the comments!

Julep Jacqueline swatch

Julep Jacqueline swatch


Zoya - Jacqueline
When I saw Julep had a new polish with my name, I knew I had to get it. Luckily, this polish is so gorgeous! Jacqueline is a bright coral with lots of added shimmer. This is two coats with no top coat, and the formula was great. I love this color so much I didn't want to take it off!

Of course Jaqueline was my favorite of the bunch, but I am excited to play with the lip gloss as well. I loved Lori, but it does look a lot like Zoya Paloma, it might even be a dupe. Overall I was pretty happy with the Julep Maven June box!

What was your favorite item in this Julep Maven box? Do you collect nail polishes in your name?


sign off


No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...