Saturday, August 15, 2015

Swatch Saturday: Hard Candy Claws Up!

This is it, the post you have all been waiting for...

Not long ago, the nail polish brand, Hard Candy, celebrated its 20th anniversary. To mark the momentous occasion, they re-released their eight original shades for a limited time. This didn't really catch my attention, until I saw swatches popping up on the blogs. Apparently, Hard Candy made a nail polish named Claws Up! and I and no idea! There was a nail polish out there with the exact name of my blog, and I was completely unaware.

Hard Candy Claws Up!


I scoured the internet. I looked on Amazon and eBay. I called all the Walmarts in the area. Nothing. I even tweeted Hard Candy begging for them to send one to me, and they said no.

Little did I know, my mom also caught wind of Hard Candy Claws Up! and had been searching all over too. When I came home to visit a few months ago, my mom said she had found it on eBay and ordered it right away. After weeks of waiting, I saw my mom last month and she handed me my prized nail polish.

Hard Candy Claws Up! swatch

Hard Candy Claws Up! swatch

Hard Candy Claws Up! swatch

P.S. This is not my first brush with a vintage Hard Candy. Back when I first started my blog, I only had a handful of nail polishes. I didn't have any light blues, so while on a trip to Walmart, I saw Hard Candy Sky and bought it. It wasn't until the 20th anniversary that I had a clue this was one of the eight original colors. And it was just chilling at Walmart. Go figure!

Hard Candy Claws Up! swatch

Hard Candy Claws Up! swatch

I can't even begin to tell you how obsessed I am with this color. It is the perfect mannequin hand nude! The little bit of shimmer makes this polish really something special. This is two coats, no top coat.

Hard Candy Claws Up! swatch

Hard Candy Claws Up! swatch

Do you have any of the original Hard Candy nail polishes? What do you think of Claws Up!?

Claws Up nail blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...