Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Engagement Parties + Wedding Planning Updates

Can you believe it's September already? This summer has seriously flown by. Usually by now I am longing for scarfs, cool weather, crunchy leaves, and pumpkin spice. But this year I swear I blinked and summer was over.

Maybe that is because I have been so busy. Once the dust settled after Ben and I got engaged, we were in planing mode. Two engagement parties and a ton of venue visits, throw in a few vacations, and I barely had time to breathe. Now that fall is right around the corner, I wanted to take a moment to share some summer wedding planning updates.

2015-03-28 01.51.55

We had the first party at my mom's house in New York so my family would be able to attend. My brother and sister-in-law even came up from Texas, and some of Ben's family made it too. We had a nice afternoon brunch.

2015-03-28 01.53.01

2015-03-28 03.23.21

2015-03-28 03.29.34

A few months later we had our second party at Ben's dad's house in Pennsylvania. This time we opted for a BBQ. We had lots of fun celebrating with everyone all day!

IMG_1548

IMG_1556

IMG_1575

IMG_1578

Bonus: Here is a photo of our amazing jack-o-lantern engagement gift! Ben's family friend made that by hand, how crazy awesome is that?

IMG_1586

In between all of the celebrating, Ben and I were taking the first steps of wedding planning and we have officially booked a venue! The place is so pretty and I am very excited that we were able to book the date I wanted. Everyone keeps saying that we are taking "too long" to get married, but I feel like our engagement is flying by!

Wedding check list

Another thing checked off the giant list!

Has your summer been flying too? What was your favorite thing you did this summer?

Claws Up lifestyle blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...