Friday, January 8, 2016

Ciate Mini Mani Month 2015 Dupes

My brother and sister in law gave me the Ciate Mini Mani Month 2015 box for Chanukkah and I have been loving playing around with all the polishes. I used one of the glitters for New Year's Eve nail art, and I have lots of plans for the rest.

As I was pulling polishes out of their little doors, I noticed that two of the polishes looked very familiar. It turns out that two of the polishes in the 2015 box, were also in the 2012 Ciate Mini Mani Month. When I looked at the bottles next to each other, the color's weren't identical, so I wanted to do some comparison swatches.

IMG_3770


IMG_3786


Ciate Cutie Pie
Cutie Pie is a sheer pink polish, perfect for French manicures. It can be built up to opacity, but it takes quite a few coats. As you can see, in the bottles, the 2012 Cutie Pie (on the left) is a little lighter and pinker, while the 2015 version is more on the peachy side.

IMG_3782

My index and ring fingers are the 2012 version, and my middle and pinkie have the 2015 version. I felt that even though they looked different in the bottles, they were virtually identical on the nail.

IMG_3775

IMG_3796

Ciate Dangerous Affair
I love this polish three years ago, and I love it now too. Both versions are a gorgeous, deep red. However, the 2012 Dangerous Affair is a shade lighter than the 2015 one.

IMG_3788

Unlike Cutie Pie, when swatching these, it is pretty easy to see a difference. My index and ring fingers are the 2012 version, and my middle and pinkie have the 2015 version. The older version definitely is lighter on the nail.

In the end, I didn't mind getting new versions of these polishes. I love both of the colors, and being three years old, I was running low. I'm glad that I get to re-add them to my collection!

Do you mind getting duplicate polishes? Would you keep the dupes, or pass on them?

sign off

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...