Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Look Book: Starry Night

My obsession with Van Gogh's Starry Night started when I was in junior high, after watching an episode of Boy Meets World (major brownie points if you remember the episode). It continued when my bestie Sara and I worked on our own variation of the painting in our art class.

I love the motion in the painting. You can see all the brush strokes and it make the Earth looks like its moving. I love the colors from the dark blues and purples, to the pops of bright yellow. And I love how it shows how big the universe is, compared to how small we are. I was so obsessed with the painting, that I redecorated my bedroom to match. My mom, knowing my love for the Starry Night, and fun leggings, gave me the perfect addition to my wardrobe.

IMG_3954



IMG_3958

IMG_3959

IMG_3960

IMG_3962

IMG_3964

IMG_3974

IMG_3979

There is nothing more fun than an awesome pair of leggings! Since I went with some crazy Starry Night leggings, I didn't want to go overboard, so I opted for a navy sweater with lace detail on the bottom. I finished with a pair of black wedge boots, and a necklace in matching colors to tie it all together.

What is your favorite painting? Do you like to rock fun leggings?

sign off

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...