Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Guest Post: AuttyW

Ben and I have officially moved into out first house! It has been an exhausting few weeks, and there's even more to come, but I am just about ready to get back into blogging. Today I have the final guest post, and this one is from AuttyW. It's safe to say Autumn is my blogging bestie. We SnapChat everyday, so I was really exited to have her on my blog!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First of all let me just say congratulations to Jacquie and Ben for the purchase of the first house! That is so exciting and I am so happy for you both!!

I am Autumn and I blog over at AuttyW.

When the idea of a guest post was thrown around, it took me a few days to figure out what I wanted to do. I settled on something food-related just because I thought it would be fun and then I thought “ oh my gosh!,  I should totally do mini food and bake them in the Easy-Bake Oven.”  That was my total original plan and I spent a good 45 minutes prepping food and getting everything cut down a small enough to fit on the pan as well as to fit in the Easy-Bake Oven itself.  Unfortunately, There was so much wasted vegetable from trying to get it to fit in the Easy-Bake Oven that I just gave up after an hour of trying to cook it. Everything was turning out soggy and just not good. I do not recommend baking vegetables in an easy bake oven.

Mini Vegetable Pizza Recipe


After I decided to use the regular oven it took maybe 30 minutes.

There's no real set recipe or way  to do this. It's actually incredibly easy. The main thing you have to do is just watch them so they don't burn.  I don't eat mushrooms or bell peppers and I ate these for the sake of Jacquie and they were dang delicious. Mind you, that is coming from someone who despised mushrooms and peppers most of her 25 years of life.

Ingredients:
Mini Sweet Bell Peppers
Mushrooms (any kind) I used Baby Bella
Pizza Sauce or sauce of your choice
Cheese
Salt
Pepper
Other Seasonings if you want

Mini Vegetable Pizza Recipe

Directions:
  1. Set your oven to broil and make sure your rack is on the top row.
  2. Prep your vegetables.
    Cut Mini Bells Peppers in half and remove seeds.
    Wipe and or peel mushrooms.
  3. Spray pan with nonstick spray.
  4. Season Vegetables to your liking.
  5. Place veg in the oven for 5 minutes to cook them
  6. Add ¼ - ½ tsp of Sauce to each vegetable.
    Adding more or less depending on size. You don’t want the sauce to overpower the veg.
  7. Add the amount of cheese that you want.
    I love cheese so I added lots.
  8. Bake another 3-5 minutes to melt the cheese and make it bubbly

Mini Vegetable Pizza Recipe


I originally was going to saute the broccoli and add them to the top, but it was just one of those things that didn’t happen because I was already frustrated by the E.B.O. Such a shame because it probably would have been amazing. I also tried using the Zucchini, but I had a moment and forgot that it needed to be salted and left to sit for 30 minutes so it will actually cook and not become a soggy mess, which is what it did. That’s why you don’t see those. I think that they would have been delicious had I actually prepared and cooked them correctly!
Mini Vegetable Pizza Recipe
These little mini vegetable pizza’s are perfect for appetizers and heck, they are easy enough to make that you could use the larger portobello mushrooms and regular sized bell peppers and it would still be amazing! If you do make these, please tweet me or tag me on Instagram! Both are AuttyW!
Mini Vegetable Pizza Recipe

Thank you for reading!


Best,

Autumn

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...