Saturday, March 26, 2016

Guest Post: Varnished Valkyrie

For today's guest post, Kas is here from Varnished Valkyrie. I have loved her sense of humor and amazing nail art from the moment I found her blog. She is also a bit of a nail celebrity, her 53 coats of nail polish look is all over the internet, and I am kind of obsessed with how famous she is.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When Jacquie asked me to to a guest post on her blog, of course I said yes. I can safely say that in the 4 years of me being part of the blogging world she is one of the blogs I regularly go to to see if she updated :)  So! This is actually a post I have been wanting to do for quite a while on my blog, but I never got around to doing, so I figured why not now!?

What's in my bag


This is pretty much a list of go-to make up I travel with. Sometimes I will have bits and pieces from this list, sometimes I will have all of this on me, and other times I will swap out things, but this is the general meat and bones of what I have with me.

When it comes to what I travel with my main thing is cost. Unless there is something I absolutely need i.e. If I know I have an audition I will take my MUFE foundation with me. Apart from that I like traveling with stuff that doesn’t cost much. My reasoning is if I were to lose everything, I would be somewhat ok with it. My next thing is quality. I truly believe that you can get quality products for a decent price. So let’s get into what I travel with!

1) Ruby Kisses 24/7 Eye Shadow Magic Primer - Honestly, regular primer for my face is not a necessity for me when I travel, eyeshadow primer ALWAYS is. My fav eyeshadow primer is Urban Decay’s Eyeshadow Primer Potion, but it cost too much even to keep at home. So I was happy to find this. It is almost as good and costs less than $5 USD! My only issue is depending on the shadow it sometimes creases a BIT. This may be a bit tricky to find as it’s mostly sold in local beauty supply stores.

2&3) I can honestly say I have 3-7 lipsticks in my purse at one time, but I ALWAYS have these two on me. The first is Wet N Wild Cherry Bomb (Sorry it looks messy, it opened in my bag), a vampy cherry colour that retails for under $3 USD and Milani Teddy Bare, a medium brown that is a fantastic nude for us darker skinned ladies. The reason I specifically have these two is I can easily go from a dramatic look with the Wet N Wild to a daytime look with the Milani.

4) Wet N Wild Lip Liner in Chestnut - While I also have a red lip liner(Essence Red Blush), this is the one that is always in my bag. For me this is a necessity, because of my loves for nudes. I almost always need a liner due to the pigmentation on my lips, and the tendency for nude lipsticks to make me look ashy. This retails for less than $5 USD.

5)Covergirl Queen Collection Lasting Matte Pressed Powder in Golden Medium - This is fantastic because it’s actually for a line aimed at darker ladies :D at a great price(Around $7 USD) with fantastic quality, that’s small and easy to carry around. But it’s not full coverage(which for me is ok). Another con is it’s hard to find. I know my mother got me 2 of these in NYC, but from what I understand most people in the States have problems finding this line. I’m pretty sure you can only get these in  Walgreens and Target, but even then it’s tricky to find.

6)Wet N Wild Mega Liner in Black - This is my favourite liner to date. It’s a liquid, and it’s soooooo easy to use. It has a tiny brush that makes doing wings a breeze. The only negative is the brush can easily fray if you’re not carful. But I’m not complaining for less than $2 USD!

7)Essence Eyebrow Pencil in Dark Brown - This isn’t my favourite brow product, but’s it’s fab for the price ($2 USD). I just find it’s super easy to travel with, and is much easier to use in a pinch vs. my brow gel.

8)Cover Girl Clump Crusher - Love! This is, your lashes, but waayyy better. This may not be for the people who like super dramatic lashes, but I personally love this. Although for looks where I want a bit more drama I would probably swap it out for my Cover Girl Full Lash Bloom Mascara(which I bough after I started writing this post), which gives a more dramatic natural look, and is more buildable. Retails for around $8 USD.

9)Mac Sweet as Cocoa blush - This is a shimmery brown blush, and it’s one of the pricier things I travel with, but it’s my favourite blush of all time. It is perfect on my skin and can be used for day and night. I couldn’t imagine not having it! Retails for $21 USD.

10)Lovatics By Demi Eyeshadow Palette - Natural - This is from Demi Lovato’s NYC line. Honestly I’m not a fan of her’s but I heard good things about this so I decided to try it. This palette is around $7 USD and it is SHOCKINGLY good for the price. It’s no Naked Palette(even though it feels like it’s trying to be), but the quality is pretty dang good. Super easy to work with, good pigmentation, and small enough to travel with. Also it has everything you need to create a daytime look or a more dramatic evening wear.

11)Brushes - Even though it’s not pictured I thought I should mention this. I don’t have travel brushes, so I kind of just grab the brushes I need at the moment. Suggestions?


Now that you know what I travel with let me know what you travel with!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you so much, Kas, for sharing your travel necessities with us, I loved having you on my blog. Keep going out and breaking the internet!

sign off

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...