Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Julep Maven April 2016 Box: Brights + Whites

My mom signed up for the Julep Maven box back when you could opt out of any month. Usually we opt out, but I was really excited about the Julep Maven April 2016 box. This month, Julep introduced the Brights + Whites collection, and I went for the Classic with a Twist box.

Julep Maven April 2016 Box, the Brights + Whites collection.



This box came with Julep Kimball, the Konjac Sponge, the Love Your Face Detoxifying Cleansing Stick, and a green apple Air Heads. Every box came with a bonus nail polish too, Julep Brigitte.

Julep Brigitte swatch

Julep Brigitte
This was a basic, white cream nail polish. It went on just fine, and shown here is two coats, without top coat. I actually already have this nail polish, but you can never have too many good quality, white nail polishes.

Julep Kimball Swatch

Julep Kimball
This is a candy apple red jelly nail polish. On my pinky I have one coat, two on my ring finger, three on my middle finger, and my index finger as four coats, all without top coat. This nail polish was easy to work with and I love the squishy finish.

Julep Kimball swatch over Juelp Brigitte swatch

Julep Brigitte was included in every box this month so it can be paired with the jellies in the collection, hence the name Brights + Whites. Shown here are two coats of Julep Kimball over two coats of Julep Brigitte, no top coat. Layering the jelly polish other the white gave it a brighter, more creamy look, but I think I actually prefer the darker, jelly look. What do you think? Plus, four coats of nail polish was just a bit too think for my taste.

Julelp Konjac Sponge and Julep Love Your Face Detoxifying Cleansing Stick

Konjac Sponge and Love Your Face Detoxifying Cleansing Stick
Real talk, I have not had the chance to use either of these products yet. I know, I know, bad blogger! However, I am really excited to try them. The Love Your Face Detoxifying Clensing Stick is a face wash in a roll-up stick form. To use, just rub some on your hands, and then lather into your face. This cleansing stick has a fresh, orange scent.

The Konjac Sponge contains konjac root and koalin clay powder. It can be used with or without face cleanser to exfoliate your skin.

Overall I was really happy with this box. I love getting a mix of nail polish and beauty products. My jelly nail polish collection is pretty sad, so I was happy to add this red to my collection. I also can't wait to try out the cleanser and the sponge. This was actually the first time in my Juelp Maven history that I actually liked the candy that I got. Mmm Air Heads!

What do you think of the Julep Maven April box? Which item would you want to try the most?

Claws Up nail and beauty blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...