Saturday, June 18, 2016

Check Mate

When I was 10 years old, a friend of mine taught me how to play chess. My granddaddy was amazing at chess, and my mom told me that he actually played against a Grandmaster in chess and won! I was so excited to show off my new skills and play against him. I remember I actually took one of his pieces and I was so proud of myself. In the next move, he beat me. That's when I learned the art of sacrificing yourself in order to win, something that Ron Weasley taught us years later.

That's totally barbaric!
source



When I saw Check Mate in the Ciate Mini Mani Month 2015 box, it was obvious I needed to do chess nail art. When I was looking for something fun to pose with, I realized I didn't have any chess pieces. Oh ya, I never finished my story. After my granddaddy beat me in chess, I never played again, and then I forgot all the rules.

Then I remembered there's a lot of chess in Alice in Wonderland!

Ciate Check Mate chess nail art

Ciate Check Mate chess nail art

Ciate Check Mate chess nail art

Ciate Check Mate chess nail art

Ciate Check Mate chess nail art

Ciate Check Mate chess nail art

Ciate Check Mate is a black and white square glitter in a clear base. It's kind of like Lynderella Connect the Dots, but less exciting. I had to fish and place the glitters. I loved how they looked over the black and white gradient, it made the glitters look like they were a gradient too.

What do you think of Ciate Check Mate? Do you like to play chess?

Ciate Check Mate chess nail art

Claws Up nail art blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...