Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Wet n Wild CoverAll Correcting Palette

When I was in High School, I was super into art. I even opted out of language classes to take more art and science classes. One of the very first things we learned about in art was the color wheel. I can talk about warm colors and cool colors, mixing colors, and color opposites until I am blue in the face (no pun intended).

That is where the idea behind color correcting pallets came from. When you use the opposite color on your skin, it cancels out the color that you want to hide. That really intrigued me, so I decided to pick up the Wet n Wild CoverAll Correcting Palette.

Wet n Wild CoverAll Correcting Palette


This palette features four colors, and they are supposed to be used to cover up problem areas that are opposite the color wheel. The yellow is for covering purple spots, the purple is for covering yellow spots, and green is for covering red spots. It also has a white, highlighting shade.

Wet n Wild CoverAll Correcting Palette swatches

I use the yellow under my eyes, to cover up my dark circles. I also add some white to really brighten it up. Finally, I use the green on the red spots around my nose, and on any blemishes. I don't really have any yellow spots, so I don't have much use for the purple.

Here are the steps of my makeup routine using Wet n Wild CoverAll Correcting Palette:

Before: no makeupNo makeup, scary I know, please keep scrolling.


Applying Wet n Wild CoverAll Correcting Palette to problem areas
I apply the color corrector to my problem areas.

Applying Wet n Wild CoverAll Correcting Palette to problem areas
Next, I blend in the makeup so it looks more natural.


Applying Wet n Wild CoverAll Correcting Palette to problem areas
To finish of, I apply my CC cream, powder, and blush, as normal.

Concealer just covers up problem areas, while the Wet n Wild CoverAll Correcting Palette uses the principles behind the color wheel to actually balance out the imperfections. Because of that, I feel like I can use a lot less product to get the same affect. The one thing I don't like is that all the colors come together. I use the yellow and green more than the white, and I never use the purple. I love this color corrector so much that I want to buy it again when it runs out, but I don't want to buy colors I don't need.

Have you tried color correcting? Will you pick up the Wet n Wild CoverAll Correcting Palette?

Claws Up makeup blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...