Saturday, July 16, 2016

Look Book: Floral Crop Top

Sometimes I felt uncomfortable talking about my weight. Just like nearly every other girl person, I have things about my body that I don't like. People often dismiss my body issues because I am not overweight. Its such a frustrating feeling to be told that your feelings are less important.

Black floral crop top with a black a line skirt.



When I moved from my hometown in New York, to Virginia, I gained 10 pounds in a few months. This is mostly due to the fact that foods that are cheaper, are also not good for you. I was eating pasta every other week, and I limited the veggies I bought. Before you dismiss my feelings and say "10 pounds is nothing," it is a large amount of weight on someone that is only 4 foot 11. I quickly felt very uncomfortable in my body.

Black floral crop top with a black a line skirt.

Black floral crop top with a black a line skirt.

Before I gained the weight, I was all over the crop top trend. They are perfect in the summer, and super sexy. However, once I gained the weight, I started to hate them. I tried to hide my stomach by pairing one with a high-wasted skirt, but all it did was accentuate the parts of me I was uncomfortable with.

Black floral crop top with a black a line skirt.

Black floral crop top with a black a line skirt.

In January, I made a resolution that I would lose the 10 pounds before my wedding dress shopping appointment in April, and I did it! I still have problem areas, but I finally feel comfortable enough to rock crop tops again. I decided I wanted to try out that look again.

Black floral crop top with a black a line skirt.

Black floral crop top with a black a line skirt.

No matter what your body looks like, you are going to have things you love, and things you hate. Don't ever let someone dismiss your feelings, you have a right to feel the way you do.

Black floral crop top with a black a line skirt.

Has anyone ever dismissed your body image concerns? How do you celebrate hitting a weight-loss milestone?

sign off

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...