Saturday, July 30, 2016

Look Book: On My Way to a 5K

As I have mentioned, When I moved to Virginia, I gained a lot of weight really fast. Last fall, I made the decision to go on a diet, in hopes of losing the weight before my wedding dress shopping appointment in April. After a month I still had not lost any weight, and I was feeling really disappointed in myself. That's when Ben suggested that we could go on walks after work.

What to wear to go running


With our busy schedules, we could only go about once a week. I really wanted to see results, so these walks turned into runs. Well...sorta. I hate running, and I'm really bad at it, so it was more like a 1 minute jog, followed by a 5 minute walk, and so on. 

What to wear to go running

After a couple outings, I decided that I wanted to run a 5k. Ben thought I was crazy, but I was determined. That winter, I ran a 5k on a treadmill. It took 42 minutes, which is really embarrassing, but I did it!


What to wear to go running
Now that its summer, Ben and I are back running outside. I have slowly been getting better. Each time we go out I can run a little longer without stopping. 

And I signed up for my first 5k! 

What to wear to go running

It's in September, which means I am almost getting down to crunch time. I need to make sure I train, and I'm prepared. To do that, I needed a few running essentials. Of course I need my colorful sneakers, plus a sports bra to keep myself locked and loaded. 

What to wear to go running

I also quickly realized I needed something to hold my phone and keys while I run. Running without a phone or ID is dangerous, just in case something happens. Plus, my running clothes don't have pockets. I got this running belt and I love it! It has two big pockets that can hold a phone or small wallet, plus a little pocket that can hold keys.

SL3S HIPZIPP RUNNING BELT

Once the 5k gets a little closer, I will fill you in on the details, like the theme, and more importantly, what I'll be wearing. I am so thankful for Ben for encouraging me to start running. I can't wait to see how far I can go!

Colorful running sneakers

What struggles have you overcome? Who encourages you?

Claws Up style blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...