Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Halloween + 27th Birthday

This time of the year is always so busy for both myself and the blog. With both Halloween and my birthday just a week ago, I have lots that I want to share, no time to do it!

Greek goddess and Trojan soldier Halloween costume



The Friday before Halloween Ben and I celebrated by going out to a local bar that was having a costume party. I dressed up as a Greek goddess, and Ben was a Trojan soldier. We had a lot of fun hanging out and dancing.

For my Greek goddess costume I went with a white and gold toga with some gold accessories and gladiator sandals. My Greek keys necklace is actually from Greece and belonged to my great-aunt. I finished the look off by covering myself with gold shimmer for an ethereal goddess vibe.

Greek goddess Halloween makeup

Greek goddess Halloween makeup

After a long countdown, Monday, Halloween proper, was finally here. I dressed up as a social butterfly at work, and we had a mini Halloween party. I spent the night handing out candy to the trick-or-treaters.

Social butterfly Halloween costume

Two days later came my 27th birthday! I came into work to find my desk decorated with balloons, streamers, and Halloween decorations. My coworkers all signed a Lady Gaga birthday card, and gave me an I Love Lucy apron. They even baked cupcakes! That evening I finally got to open all the gifts my family sent me, and then Ben and I went out to dinner.

Birthday outfit

Birthday celebration

Some of my favorite gifts was an awesome pink gaming headset, Lady Gaga perfume, and a backpack from my brother, and a dia de los muertos Jack Skellington Funko Pop, and a mermaid blanket from Ben's sister. My mom sent me lots of makeup and clothes that will be making their appearance on the blog in future Look Book and Makeup Look posts. Ben got me a hilarious cat Silence of the Lambs shirt, flowers, and lots of treats from a local bakery.

Birthday gifts

Halloween cookies and political party cookies

Overall I had an amazing week. I had a blast on Halloween, and this birthday was one of the most special ones I've had. A big thanks to everyone who made me feel special that day! I am sad that I have to wait a whole year to do it all again, but there are so many exciting things ahead of me this year!

How did you celebrate Halloween? What is your favorite thing to do on your birthday?

Claws Up lifestyle blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...