Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Dorothy in the Streets, Blanche in the Sheets

A few years ago, I watched The Golden Girls for the first time. I love older TV (I Love Lucy is my favorite show of all time), but for some reason it took me a long time to watch The Golden Girls. After one episode I was an instant fan. I even listen to a Golden Girls podcast every weekend while I work on my nail art for the blog!

Dorothy in the Streets, Blanche in the Sheets pillow


If you have never seen the show, it focuses on four women of a certain age, living together in Florida. It was really ahead of its time, and hits on topics that are still relevant today. The show touches on AIDS, dating over 50, LGBT issues, real talk about getting older, and so much more. 
The four main women are Dorothy, the smart one, Rose, the dumb one (or the nice one according to her), Blanche, the slut, and Sophia, the oldest one that's not afraid to say what's on her mind. With my intense love of The Golden Girls, as soon as I saw this Dorothy in the Streets, Blanche in the Sheets pillow, I was obsessed.

Dorothy in the Streets, Blanche in the Sheets pillow

Dorothy in the Streets, Blanche in the Sheets pillow

Truth be told, out of all the girls, I most identify with Sophia. I am the quintessential old lady. I describe myself as an 85-year-old in a 16-year-old's body. I love old TV, going to bed early, and hanging out with my cat. I also tend to complain about everything and have been known to open my mouth when I shouldn't.

Dorothy in the Streets, Blanche in the Sheets pillow

Dorothy in the Streets, Blanche in the Sheets pillow

Dorothy in the Streets, Blanche in the Sheets pillow

This room is actually my nail art room. On one side is my desk, and on the other side I have some keepsakes. On the wall is my giant Lady Gaga shadowbox with signed microphone. I got this chair (that pulls out into a bed) to have a comfy place to relax in my room. This pillow totally fit in with the colors and feel of the room.

Dorothy in the Streets, Blanche in the Sheets pillow

I think this pillow is just hilarious, and perfect for a Golden Girls fan!

What TV show have your recently discovered? What TV show memorabilia do you collect?

Claws Up lifestyle blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...