Saturday, January 14, 2017

Look Book: Cozy Chevron

There is no more denying it, winter is here! The temperature is dropping, snow is falling, and I am bringing out all my warmest clothes. I love fall and winter for a lot of reasons, and one of them is that I get to wear my favorite clothes. Give me a sweater, a scarf, and boots, and I am a happy camper.

I got a lot of clothes from my mom for my birthday and Chanukkah, and one thing that I got that I was extra excited about was this sweater dress and scarf combo. The sweater was long and warm, and I loved the chevron scarf it came with. I thew in some leggings and boots, and instantly found my favorite winter outfit!

Black sweater dress with burgundy leggings and red and black chevron scarf


Black sweater dress with burgundy leggings and red and black chevron scarf

Black sweater dress with burgundy leggings and red and black chevron scarf

Black sweater dress with burgundy leggings and red and black chevron scarf

Black sweater dress with burgundy leggings and red and black chevron scarf

Black sweater dress with burgundy leggings and red and black chevron scarf

Black sweater dress with burgundy leggings and red and black chevron scarf

Black sweater dress with burgundy leggings and red and black chevron scarf

I was nervous putting this look together at first. Black and red together always remind me of punks/goths/emos, since I was that stereotypical mid-2000's emo kid. I try to avoid those colors together now because I already look young, and I don't want to dress like high school me. I felt like it was a stoke of genius to add a pair of burgundy leggings. It was the perfect color to tie it all together, without making me look like I was back in high school. This look is perfect for work, going out with friends, or weekend errands, which is why I have been wearing it non-stop!

What is your favorite winter outfit? What color combinations do you avoid?

Claws Up style blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...