Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Wedding Crafts: Painted Wine Bottles

It has been a hot minute since I have posted about my wedding planning on the blog. Since yesterday was our 2 year anniversary of being engaged, I thought it was time to share some of the things that I have been working on.

While touring wedding venues, we saw one wedding that I just thought was so beautiful. One thing I loved about this wedding was all the personal touches that the bride added. I actually used some ideas in a few of my crafts. The first one I worked on was painted wine bottles.

What you need:

Wedding Crafts: Painted Wine Bottles



-Wine bottles
-Paint
-Paint brush
-WD-40
-Painter's tape
-Mod Podge
-Candles

1. Collect wine bottles. Now for some, this may sound like the easiest, and more fun part. Ben and I are actually not wine lovers, so we had to get some outside help for this step. Big thank you to Ben's cousin!

2. Wash out the bottles and remove the labels. WD-40 is one of my tricks. When I was little, my dad taught me to use it to remove sticky labels, and it works like magic!

Wedding Crafts: Painted Wine Bottles

3. Wash off the oil. The first time around, I just started painting my base color for this step. Later on I learned that coating the bottle in rubbing alcohol makes the paint stick better. I told you guys before this is a learning process.

4. Let the paint dry completely, and then spray with Mod Podge. Do this between each coat of paint until opaque. The red paint needed three coats, and the turquoise needed two.

Wedding Crafts: Painted Wine Bottles

5. Use the painter's tape to block off where you want your second color. Make sure to really seal the edges. Paint on the secondary color, and then peal off the tape right away. Spray with Mod Podge between each coat.

Wedding Crafts: Painted Wine Bottles

6. Stick a candle in it, you're done!

Wedding Crafts: Painted Wine Bottles

I made a few of each color, and we plan on scattering them on different tables during the reception. As the night goes on, the candles will melt and drip wax on the bottles. When I was a kid my dad and I used to make wax dripped bottles all the time, so I thought it would be something fun to incorporate into the wedding.

Are you crafty? What have you crafted for a wedding or party?

Claws up lifestyle blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...