Saturday, March 11, 2017

Julep Maven March 2017 - Face The Glimmer

If you follow me on Instagram, then you might have seen my first ever live video! For my first live video, I decided to unbox the March 2017 Julep Maven box. This month Julep released the Spring To It collection. I opted for the Face The Glimmer box, which featured four full sized makeup items, and two sample items.

Julep Maven March 2017 Face The Glimmer Box



The Face The Glimmer box came with the When Pencil Met Gel eyeliner in Fig Shimmer, the Length Matters mascara in Jet Black, the Skip The Brush blush stick in Moonlit Sand, the It's Balm lip crayon in Brandy Wine Creme, and two nail polish remover pads.

During my live video, I went over my initial reactions to the four products, and I did some quick-and-dirty swatches. I wanted to do more formal swatches for the blog, and go into more detail with my reviews.

Julep Maven March 2017 Face The Glimmer Box swatches

Swatched above is the eyeliner, blush, and lippy. On top of traditional swatches, I also created a complete makeup look using all four items.

Julep Maven March 2017 Face The Glimmer Box

Let's break it down!

When Pencil Met Gel eyeliner in Fig Shimmer

Julep Maven March 2017 Face The Glimmer Box | When Pencil Met Gel eyeliner in Fig Shimmer swatch

This eyeliner is really smooth and super easy to apply. The color is a gorgeous shade of purple with just the right amount of shimmer. I thought this eyeliner was supper flattering with my brown eyes.

The Length Matters mascara in Jet Black

Julep Maven March 2017 Face The Glimmer Box | The Length Matters mascara in Jet Black swatch

Julep Maven March 2017 Face The Glimmer Box | The Length Matters mascara in Jet Black swatch

This mascara did an amazing job lengthening my eyelashes. The brush is super tiny, so it did not leave any mascara on my eyelids like some other brushes tend to do. It is also really long lasting and stayed put all day long. The one thing that I didn't like was that it did not volumize my lashes.

Skip The Brush blush stick in Moonlit Sand

Julep Maven March 2017 Face The Glimmer Box | Skip The Brush blush stick in Moonlit Sand swatch

Julep Maven March 2017 Face The Glimmer Box | Skip The Brush blush stick in Moonlit Sand swatch

This is a cream to powder blush in a nude shade with lots of shimmer. It lives somewhere in between a blush and a highlighter. When I first swatched this on my hand, I didn't think it would work with my skin. However, when I applied it too my cheeks it was actually really pretty. I liked the subtle pop of color and the way the shimmer caught the light. It felt really light on my skin, and not heavy like cream blushes tend to be.


It's Balm lip crayon in Brandy Wine Creme

Julep Maven March 2017 Face The Glimmer Box | It's Balm lip crayon in Brandy Wine Creme swatch


I would describe this as a heavily tinted lip balm. It feels really smooth and hydrating on the lips like a balm, but it has a lot of color like a lipstick. When I saw the color in the tube, I thought it was going to be very dark, but on the lips its actually much more wearable. I love the beautiful wine color, and it's toned down enough that I could wear it as everyday lip color.

Overall I was really happy with the March 2017 Julep Maven box. My two favorites were the eyeliner and lippy. I can't wait to wear both of them all the time!

What do you think of the Julep Maven March 2017 Face The Glimmer box? What was your favorite item in the box?

Claws Up Beauty Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...