Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Mandala

In college I took a Buddhism class, and it was one of my favorites. A huge teaching in Buddhism is the idea of impermanence. What that means is that everything that we know in this world is going to be destroyed sooner or later, so it's wise to not become too attached to things as they are.

One way the Buddhists embrace this idea is in the creation of mandalas. People can spend days or weeks creating this intricate designs made of sand, just to wash them away. Ever since I learned about this, it is something that I have tried to keep with me so that if something in my life breaks, I try to not get too upset over it.

When I saw this nail art on Pinterest, it reminded me of a mandala and I was inspired to recreate it.

Colorful mandala nail art


Colorful mandala nail art

Colorful mandala nail art

Colorful mandala nail art

Colorful mandala nail art

Colorful mandala nail art

Colorful mandala nail art

Every time I looked down at my nails I got happy. They are so bright, fun, and colorful that it's hard not to smile. I had a lot of fun creating these, and even more fun wearing them.

Colorful mandala nail art

What lessons do you carry with you? What thoughts help calm you down?

Claws Up nail art blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...