Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Remembrance Picture Frames

I am officially less than 3 months out from the wedding and it's getting close to crunch time! That means finalizing the details with all the vendors, and finish making all the crafts.

Of course, browsing Pinterest gave me a lot of ideas for personal touches to make the big day more special. One idea that I loved was to put photos of loved ones that have passed on the chairs during the ceremony.

I knew that I wanted to create fun signs and have lots of photos for the wedding, so over a year ago I picked up two picture frames that were on clearance. They were actually a hot mess when I got them (no wonder they were marked down so cheap!), but I knew I could revive them.

Pictures of loved ones that have passed on for wedding ceremony


Pictures of loved ones that have passed on for wedding ceremony

I started by cleaning off the sticker from the glass. I used my secret weapon: WD-40. Next, I painted on the base color, and then the silver accent color. I fished with a spray of Mod Podge to set them.

I had originally planned on doing three frames, one for my grandma on my mom's side, my grandma on my dad's side, and my grandpa on my mom's side. Sadly, my grandpa on my dad's side passed away a few months ago. I decided then to just do two frames, one for each couple, so they could be together. In case you were wondering, Ben is very lucky to not have any family members pass on.

How have you honored your passed loved ones? What have you crafted lately?

Claws Up lifestyle blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...