Saturday, April 15, 2017

Kat Von D Alchemist Holographic Palette - Swatch + Makeup Look

Almost a month ago, my very special kitty, Muffin, passed away. It was very hard on me, and I am still not healed. My mom knew how hard that day was going to be, and a few days before we had to say "goodbye" to Muffin, my mom sent me a surprise in the mail. She asked me to open it on that day to try to lift my spirits. Even though it was a very sad day, I was still excited when I opened the box and saw the Kat Von D Alchemist Holographic Palette. I finally got a chance to try it out, and I can't wait to share it with you!

Kat Von D Alchemist Holographic Palette


Kat Von D Alchemist Holographic Palette


The Kat Von D Alchemist Holographic Palette contains four shades: Emerald (green), Saphyre (blue), Amethyst (purple), and Opal (pink). It took her 7 years to develop this palette and its is cruelty free and vegan. These can be worn on eyes, lips, face...practically anywhere! You can wear them on their own to add a highlight. However, the magic happens when you layer them!

Kat Von D Alchemist Holographic Palette Swatches

Here are swatches of Opal, Amethyst, Saphyre, and Emerald, on my bare skin. These are all super shimmery highlighters, with hints of color. In order to really make each shade pop, I decided to layer them over black in a makeup look.

Kat Von D Alchemist Holographic Palette Makeup Look

Kat Von D Alchemist Holographic Palette Makeup Look

Kat Von D Alchemist Holographic Palette Makeup Look

Kat Von D Alchemist Holographic Palette Makeup Look

Since this was my first time using this palette, I decided to keep it simple and just layer each shade over black eyeshadow so I could start to get a feel for them. I also used all four for a fun, rainbow highlighter look.

I can't wait to keep playing around with these. I want to experiment with layering them over different colored eyeshadows. I love how these look as highlighters as well. I think I want to do the rainbow highlighter look for the upcoming Lady Gaga concert!

Have you tried the Kat Von D Alchemist Holographic Palette? What is your favorite highlighter palette?

Claws Up Beauty Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...