Wednesday, June 21, 2017

I'm Back! - Honeymooning in California

Hello world, I'm back! As you may know, I decided to take off some time from blogging for my wedding and honeymoon. While the time away was much needed to fully enjoy the experience, it's good to finally get back at it.

The wedding was an almost perfect day with only some minor mishaps. I am excited to share more about my day, and the photos, as soon as we get them back. In the meantime, I am really excited to share a few of the nearly 500 photos we took during the honeymoon, and tell you all about it!

Pacific Beach, CA


After arriving in California late and grabbing dinner, we went to sleep early in preparation for our first day: the San Diego Zoo! Ben had set us up with the Crazy About Cats tour, which starts before the zoo opens! We got to see lots of big kitties, and even some behind-the-scenes keeper areas (my fave), before getting up close and personal with a cheetah, and it's dog. We finished off that night going to a local brewery, visiting the beach, and grabbing dinner.

San Diego Zoo Crazy About Cats Tour

The next day started by vising one of the many places I would call "my happy place", a cat cafe! After drinking tea with kitties, it was time to go to Sea World to have our Beluga whale encounter. We spent the rest of the day touring Sea World, before getting dinner and hopping in the car for the first drive of our road trip honeymoon.

San Diego Cat Cafe

Sea World San Diego Beluga Whale Encounter

We got into Anaheim that night, just in time to catch the Disneyland fireworks from the hotel. We were greeted with balloons, rose petals, and an signed picture from Mickey and Minnie Mouse. It has been a dream of mine since I was little to go to Disney for my honeymoon and wear the bride and groom ears, and the honeymoon buttons. I can't tell you how excited I was to live out that dream.

Bride and groom Mickey and Minnie Mouse ears.

After Disneyland, the next stop in our tour was L.A. We walked down the Hollywood Walk of Fame, saw footprints at the Chinese Theater, hung out at the Griffith Observatory, and I even stopped in Kat Von D's tattoo shop (no, I didn't get inked, but I did get a shirt). But the best stop on our L.A tour was visiting the set of The Silence Of the Lambs. I am obsessed with that movie and Ben can tell you that I majorly geeked out. That night, we got drinks at Beetle House, a pop-up Tim Burton themed bar!

The Hollywood Museum set of The Silence of the Lambs

The Hollywood sign

Beetle House LA

Our last day in L.A. was supposed to be our beach day. Sadly, on our way to Venice Beach, it stated to rain. We still walked along to boardwalk and put our feet in the water.

Venice Beach, LA

We left LA early and stopped by Carmel-by-the-Sea for dinner, before ending up in Monetary that night. The next morning we were off to sea for our whale watching excursion. After a morning of watching whales (and getting sea sick) we had lunch, and started our drive to San Francisco. During our drive, Ben and I made a spontaneous pit-stop along the PCH at a beautiful beach.

Monterey, CA whale watching

Beach along the Pacific Coast Highway

Our San Francisco day was spent walking around Haight-Ashbury, the Fisherman's Wharf, Pier 39, and the Exploratorium. As the song says, I wore flowers in my hair. The next morning we hiked the redwoods forest. The views were incredible and it was awe-inspiring to be around the some the tallest and oldest trees.

Haight Ashbury, San Francisco, CA

Muir Woods

After our hike, we drove up to Ashland, OR for a relaxing night. As part of our stay we got free use of the spa's sauna. The next morning was our spa day. We relaxed in a soaking tub, and then got a couple's massage. After the spa, we got lunch and drove to Portland for dinner.

The last day of our honeymoon was spent touring Portland. We started with some local coffee, and donuts from VooDoo Doughnuts. The rest of the morning was spent walking around the rose garden which was incredibly gorgeous (and smelled amazing). After that we got some lunch, and then walked around the OMSI, a hands-on science museum. We finished the night relaxing and having dinner.

Portland Rose Garden

Overall we had an amazing time on our trip. Sadly, we didn't get to do everything we wanted, but that gives us an excuse to go back to Cali soon. I am trying to get back into my regular blogging schedule, and should be back with some beauty posts soon!

What have you been up to this past month? What was the last vacation you went on?

Claws Up, lifestyle blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...