Saturday, July 8, 2017

Evil Eye Half Moons

I am extremely proud of my Greek heritage. I'm actually a mix of Greek, Polish, and Russian, but for some reason I most closely identify with being Greek. I think it might be because my mom's mom was Greek, and she was the grandparent I spent the most time with. She also made the best food from spanikopita to Greek yogurt.

Greek people have a lot of superstitions. I should know, my Greek family used to spit on me for good luck every time I saw them. A more well-known symbol of Greek superstition is the evil eye. Basically, the evil eye is a curse and you can ward off the curse by wearing an evil eye charm. I have done evil eye nail art in the past (I wont link back to that embarrassment), but I wanted to create a new look.

Evil eye nail art


Evil eye nail art

Evil eye nail art

Evil eye nail art

Evil eye nail art

Evil eye nail art

Evil eye nail art

These didn't turn out looking like true evil eyes, but I did like how blingy they were. Also, I loved how they looked mattified. Either way, I enjoyed wearing a part of my culture on my nails, and maybe they even gave me a little good luck!

Evil eye nail art

What part of your culture are you most proud of? Are you superstitious?

Claws Up! Nail art blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...