Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Look Book: Mint Lace

Sit right back and hear a tale...of this mint lace dress.

Years ago, I was picking through the clearance rack at Kohl's and fell in love with this gorgeous mint lace dress. I loved the color and the little details, but most importantly I loved the $10 price tag. It was a no-brainer and I took it home.

I planned on wearing it to my first visit to the Cherry Blossom festival in DC, but it ended up being a little too big on top (when you are short, clothes tend to be too long and not fit right), and it sat lower on me than I wanted. I tried to wear it a number of times, but I couldn't get over it.

Fast forward to a few months ago, I decided to finally take the plunge, and get it taken in in the shoulders. What happens? Well with the whole dress sitting higher, the tightest part of the dress was now around the biggest part of my stomach, and it became too tight!

Mint lace dress


Mint lace dress

Mint lace dress

Mint lace dress

Mint lace dress

Mint lace dress

Silver heels with lace soles.

Silver heels with lace soles.

I still love this dress so much, but I'm sad that no matter what it doesn't want to fit me right! I sucked it up (and in!) and wore it to a recent wedding, but I'm not sure how many more wears I can get from this beautiful thing.
Claws Up! Style Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...